Air conditioners are vital to our homes, especially during the hot summer. They provide comfort and relief from the scorching heat, making it possible to maintain a cool and pleasant indoor environment. With constant use, air conditioners tend to wear out over time, requiring frequent repairs and replacements.
These repairs and replacements can add up quickly, putting a strain on your budget. But did you know that you can extend the lifespan of your air conditioner and save money in the long run? At A & A Cooling & Heating LLC, we are dedicated to helping our clients maintain their ACs in top working condition, and we will be sharing six ways to increase the lifespan of your air conditioner. Whether you need AC installation or repair, contact us for all your air conditioning needs in Gold Canyon, AZ.
- Regular Maintenance: Regular maintenance and cleaning can help prevent problems before they occur, reduce energy costs, improve indoor air quality, and extend the lifespan of your air conditioner. At A & A Cooling & Heating LLC, we recommend scheduling periodic maintenance for your air conditioner once a year before the start of the hot season. During the tune-up, our certified technicians will inspect, clean, and adjust your air conditioner to ensure it’s running at its best.
- Change Air Filters Regularly: Dirty filters reduce the air conditioner’s efficiency, strain its parts, and result in higher energy bills. To ensure that your AC works correctly, we recommend changing or cleaning your AC filters every month during peak cooling season and at least once a quarter throughout the year.
- Keep The Outdoor Unit Clean: The area around your air conditioner should be clear to ensure proper airflow and prevent damage to the unit. This includes keeping the area around the unit free of debris, such as leaves, grass, and trash. You shoul keep the area around the unit clear of plants and other obstacles to allow the air to circulate freely and prevent the air conditioner from overheating.
- Use a Programmable Thermostat: A programmable thermostat can help you reduce energy costs and increase the lifespan of your air conditioner by allowing you to set a schedule for your AC. You can set it to automatically turn on and off when you’re home and away and adjust the temperature accordingly. You can reduce wear and tear by running your air conditioner only when needed and prevent unnecessary breakdowns.
- Keep Your Ducts Clean and Sealed: Your air conditioner’s ducts are vital in delivering cool air to your home. If your ducts are dirty or leaky, your air conditioner has to work harder to deliver the same amount of cool air, putting extra stress on the system. To keep your ducts clean and sealed, you should have them inspected and cleaned every three to five years and seal any leaks with mastic or foil tape.
- Professional Repairs and Replacements: When it comes to repairs and replacements, it’s essential to contact a professional for help. DIY repairs can often do more harm than good and even void your warranty. At A & A Cooling & Heating LLC, our certified technicians have the skills and experience to diagnose and fix any problems with your air conditioner quickly and efficiently.
Keeping your air conditioner well-maintained and functioning efficiently is key to extending its lifespan. By following these six ways, you can ensure that your AC provides cool and comfortable indoor air for many years to come. If you’re looking for expert air conditioning installation in Gold Canyon, contact us. Our certified technicians will provide the best service and products to meet your air conditioning needs.